Sunday, May 07, 2006

Quick tomato sauce for pasta

Today, I'm trying out a recipe for a quick tomato sauce. I just made the end of Market, and I got a bargain on some tomato grapes. This sauce goes well with pasta or rice dishes. I also freeze it in small plastic bags, useful to have to hand when I'm in a hurry...

Ingredients:

700gr fresh tomatoes (you can also use canned tomatoes)
1 carrot, coarsely chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, chopped
Olive oil, salt, pepper

Remove the skin from the tomatoes, by removing the stalks and then plunging them into boiling water with a fork for around 20 seconds. Then peel off the skin, cut into 4 and with a small spoon, remove the pulp from the inside. Simply add the tomatoes and all the other ingredients into a saucepan, and heat gently for 25 minutes while stirring a little. I add a pinch of sugar. Then use a mixer to blend the sauce, and finally let it reduce for a further 10 minutes on a low heat. Add some chopped basil, and it's ready!





No comments: