Sunday, May 07, 2006

Cod in chive cream sauce

The sun is back, and I hope it holds out until the weekend. I will be able to do a little to work in the garden, (the grass is growing so quickly!)
In this weather, I just want fish! At the market, I chose some fresh cod and small raw shrimps. Moreover, I still have some asparagus left over at home... I found a recipe by the famous chef Emile Tabourdiau. I interpreted it as best I could with the products and the time that I had!

Ingredients:
2 cod filets
1 clove of garlic
Raw shrimps or crawfish
30 gr butter
Fresh Asparagus
150 ml of fresh cream
1 1/2 lemon
Chives
Olive oil
60 gr chopped shallot
100 gr. of peeled tomato, chopped into small squares
Crushed coriander
Salt, Pepper

Peel the shrimps and cook them quickly in butter with garlic. Wash and peel the asparagus, and plunge in boiling salted water for around 4 minutes. Drain and cool immediately with cold water. Steam-cook the cod filets for 2-3 min on an aluminum sheet.
In a pan, to reduce the cream, season with salt and pepper, and add a the juice of half a lemon, addding the chopped chives at the last moment.
For the vinaigrette, mix the olive oil with the rest of the lemon juice, the chopped shallots, an little chopped chives, the diced tomato, the coriander, and salt and pepper.
Serve with the cod filets placed over the asparagus, covered with the cream sauce. Finally add the shrimps and the vinaigrette.
The cream with chives is very light...

No comments: