Sunday, May 07, 2006

Home-made strawberry ice cream

For the dessert, I planned some home-made ice cream, even in spite of the rain! Coming in from the garden with some fresh mint, I find that the ice-cream mixer blade has broken in the process. It is not my day! I'll be having a discussion with after-sales service to replace it... That's for Tuesday, but for the moment, I'll have some of this ice-cream to cheer me up...

Ingredients:
400 gr. of strawberries
50 caster sugar gr.
15 ml of thick fresh cream
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Raspberries for decoration
Reduce the strawberries to a pulp in the mixer. Mix together the sugar, the cream and the lemon juice, and add to the strawberries. Chill in the refridgerator for an hour or so. Pour into the ice-cream maker and mix until the mixture stiffens to a whipped cream-like texture. I serve immediately, decorated with mint and raspberries, or you can leave in the freezer.

No comments: