Sunday, June 11, 2006

Mousse with Bailey's

Just like Audrey, I found myself tempted by an Isi Syphon from Metro. In a desperate search for recipes, I came across this book, la magie du Whip ISI, from the le site le meilleur du chef. I also got myself a ravioli mould which I hadn't been able to find anywhere else. Sunday night, we tried the mousse with Baileys.

livre_gourmet_whip_01

Ingredients for a 0.5L syphon:
175 gr white chocolate
250 ml double cream
50 ml Bailey's
1 egg
2 egg yolks
DSC00809_01
  • Beat the melted chocolate with the eggs in a bain-marie to obtain a light mousse.
  • Add in the double cream and the Baileys.
  • Rince the syphon with cold water (for cold preparations).
  • Pour the chocolate sauce into the syphon once cooled (important).
  • Close the lid tightly.
  • Screw in a gas cartridge completely.
  • Shake strongly 4 times.
  • Unscrew the gas cartridge.
  • Leave horizontal in the fridge for an hour.

DSC00765-1

No comments: